Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Relief in sight...

"Fay's rains will shift northward tomorrow" - according to weather.com. Hallelujah!!! I certainly don't mean to complain about the rain - I much prefer this than the drought of last summer, but

... 2 days and nights of rain - very heavy at times (3:21 am to be exact!)
... in a 31' tin can (camper)
... with hubby and 2 kids
... and 2 soggy dogs dragging in mud ...

wore down my attitude. So, I am very thankful that Fay is moving on.

The kids and I did have a fun trip to WalMart today - yippee! We spent an unusually long time looking at the fish :)

Oh, did I tell you that we were putting in a pool first? Here it is!


Thankfully, our soil is really sandy, so the water has already penetrated into the ground. We are hoping to get at it this weekend and get some form work up.



How's this for a rain gauge? Our wheelbarrow filled up from all of the rain.!


On the silver lining side, I think I will be able to save some of the corn, after all. Tonight, I picked an ear and it was ready, so I should be able to get what is currently ripe in the freezer tomorrow. I don't think the stalks are going to make it, though. At just a glance, I might get about 2 dozen ears.

The cantaloupe and watermelon look great and so does the basil! I have enough basil to make some pesto sauce, so I am looking forward to that. My all-time favorite dish and John has grown to appreciate it :)


Ok - completely off topic ... I need your opinion here - do you like captions above or below the pictures? John asked me which was best the other night and I told him what I do, but I would love to hear what you like. I usually put captions above the picture, because if you are scrolling down in the browser, the picture is still to come. However, the caption may not make sense, because I am talking about something that you have not yet seen. What do you think?

Matthew 7:25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock.

Our rock is Jesus Christ!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, man...that's a ton of rain. I hope it clears up for you guys this weekend.

    As far as the captions, I like them below the pictures...okay...that's my two cents...

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a rain guage!!! We've had an awfully lot of that kind of weather this year here in our area. Many rains of 3-5".

    I usually put my captions under the picture.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,
    This brings back memories that are special to me...
    When my oldest was young she and my nephew spent many an hour splashing in the foundation of our current home. We don't have as good of a drainage and it was like a little lake in there. They were as happy as two little ones could ever be! Running around and laughing the whole time!
    I like to put my captions on the bottom but at times, when I can not seem to make blogger work the way I want it, They will be on the top or side!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tend to like captions below the pictures....thats what I do.

    glad the corn and other yummy's survived.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pool ;-)

    I do my captions above ... but I don't mind reading them either way. I like to read about what I'm looking at first :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are so much fun to read.