Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Part 3 - Amenities!

Many of you have asked and I can't believe this wasn't my very first post once I got back online!!! Yes! We did bring our washer and dryer from storage and get it hooked up! Hallelujah! It's really funny how quickly laundry doesn't drive me crazy anymore. I no longer have to store it up for the whole week and then do it all in one day. To say it is nice to have them accessible would be a huge understatement!


However, somehow this has exceeded the excitement of the washer and dryer! We decided to bring our fridge/freezer from storage, too! WOW - how nice it is to be able to have a full-sized fridge and freezer again. I told John that now all I need is a "real" oven and I will be all set :) Our camper oven burns the bottom of everything (really - it is the oven!).


We also put up a clothes line and this was my first load of laundry. Very exciting for me, also. I try to use the line as much as possible, but I probably realistically only use it for about half of the clothes. Things are drying really fast right now ... not complaining about the heat, though. Remember, I told you NOT to remind me ... ?


Last Saturday, we decided to put in a garden. We may be kind of late, but we'll see. I had bought the seeds a few weeks ago and the information on the seed packet said that we could still plant in June for our area. Some people have said that the garden might burn up in the heat. In any case, this was realistically the first opportunity we had, so we decided to just go ahead and try it. We planted corn, beans, carrots, basil, canteloupe, and watermelon (for Hadden). Oh - and sunflowers - I almost forgot the sunflowers.


Isaiah 30:18 Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!

4 comments:

  1. The amenities are so nice. I'll back you up on the oven. They do burn everything because they are so small. 2 out of 3 is a good ratio!!! I'm amazed you were able to put in such a big garden with all the other you've had to do. You go girl!!!!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shirley,
    I am excited by your pictures! Before this did you ever think a washer, dryer or fridge would be something you could appreciate so much? Everything looks great...and your garden looks wonderful also! Have you tackled that jelly yet? As if you are not busy enough...continue to enjoy this journey....Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been enjoying getting caught up here. Was away last week and now we are gearing up as a family to head to OC, NJ with Gary and Meg and their girls.

    I really enjoy your posts and seeing how you make the best of everything!

    Take care!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your garden does look wonderful...we don't really have a place to put a garden here...so I will just stick to flowers for now.

    ~simply~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are so much fun to read.