Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Happy Birthday to my Man!

2 Corinthians 9:12-15
This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of God's people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God. Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, men will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else. And in their prayers for you their hearts will go out to you, because of the surpassing grace God has given you. Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!


I was searching for a scripture to honor my man on his birthday, and this one spoke volumes to me. I do thank God for his indescribable gift to me - the gift of my wonderful husband, John.

It also reminded me of John's full-time ministry in the prison with We Care Program. It has been amazing to watch God work in and through John - as John has stepped out in obedience, the Lord has been so very faithful. I have watched John "bloom and grow" (that's an inside joke ;) in wisdom, patience, faithfulness, perserverance, confidence and assertiveness - giving all credit and glory to the Lord for His transforming power. Don't get me wrong - John was wonderful before moving to Alabama, but is all the more now. It is a joy to watch him work at the property, go for hikes, build a fire, teach the children, play with the dogs, interact with strangers, etc.

Finally, this scripture also reminded me of our supporters who have been so faithful to give, so that John is able to continue to minister to the inmates. Their faithfulness to pray, support (in many ways), and serve in this manner have allowed us this opportunity. Thanks be to God for you!

I love you, honey, and hope you have an extra special day! Keep on keepin' on - we're right here with ya!


Psalm 40:2 "... he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand."

Notice the fire pit behind John - this is our first fire on our property.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to your man. What a nice tribute to him. Thanks for the words and scripture for me today. You left a comment on 4/30 stating you were considering joining the 24/7 prayger group. How is God leading you in this regard? You didn't mention it in your comment today. I'm off for knee surgery :o( But I will be so thankful to be rid of the current pain and issues:o) and am thankful to live in the age when such medical solutions are available to us.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are so much fun to read.