Monday, March 31, 2008

Work day

WOW! What a difference 12 extra men, a dozer and a day makes!!







We are so thankful for all of the incredible help we had last Friday! A team of 12 guys from John's work came and did some serious damage (the good kind!) to our house site. They sawed, macheted, stacked and cleared trees. They dozed stumps and improved the road. They built a shed in a day (minus the roof because we didn't have all of the materials)! They covered the shed with tarps (for which I was extremely thankful for on Saturday). Some of them enjoyed a hike to a lookout and 4-wheeling for small breaks. But from all I saw - they worked hard! Many, many heartfelt thanks to each and every one - and for those at home who allowed them to come.

I am pretty certain that the one who had the time of his life was Hadden! Take a close look at his face on the dozer and 4-wheeler in the pictures of the next post! He was all about "guy's day". He spent a good amount of time watching them build the shed and I am pretty sure loved every single minute of his day. He got to go on the hike with the boys and even got to go out on the rock with Daddy.

Savannah was my big helper and she also was able to ride the 4-wheeler a few times, so she had a great day, too.

The exciting thing for me was seeing the progress. We came and went throughout the day to get lunch and supplies so it was fun to be surprised at how far they progressed. Our view is now visible and we love it. The weather has been cloudy and rainy since then so I have not been able to get good pictures ... yet. Stay tuned :)

Side note about the shed "roof" - Saturday, John and the kids made a run to Home Depot while I stayed behind to put up some signs and enjoy some quiet time. I took the dogs and went to the other ridge to put up the signs. On the way back, Mercy wandered off (I think in search of water as it was pretty hot). I waited for 15-20 minutes, then hiked on, hoping that she had taken a short cut back. After getting back, I called and called for her, but she did not come. Then, it started to pour! I was VERY glad for both the shed and the tarp roof. Lilly and I took cover and waited out the storm. John and the kids returned, another storm or two came and went and still no sign of Mercy. Long story short, John went out looking for her, got soaked, found her waiting by the signs I had put up and brought her back. The kids and I waited out a couple of more storms in the shed. Thank you, guys, for the shed!

We would not be able to repay all of the hard work, kindnesses, and joy given to us over the weekend by these guys. The verse that keeps coming to mind is: Romans 13:8 Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law.

We feel blessed to be part of such of a great group. Thanks, guys!

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are so much fun to read.