Friday, August 12, 2011

Random

P8110002

Can you guess what this is? I just absolutely love it. We finally watched “How to train your dragon”, and the next day, Savannah sewed her very own dragon. If you haven’t seen the movie, I’ll explain just a little bit. The main character, Hiccup, is supposed to be a ferocious Viking and kill dragons. In an attempt to kill one, he wounds it, but doesn’t have the heart to kill it. He helps it by creating an artificial tail and befriends it. That’s all I’m going to tell you, I don’t want to spoil anymore of the movie :) Savannah’s version is a hurt wing, so she built an artificial wing for it. It also has the little “saddle” to hold on. Just very cute and creative, in my opinion.

P8110005

She was kind enough to share her sewing machine so I could finish up the valances for the master bath. I like how they turned out (if they look uneven, it’s because I had to shoot at a funny angle because of the shower :). The countertop in this bathroom is called African something or other, so I thought the cheetah print was appropriate. It finally looks complete in there. There is only one room left to finish the valances, but I don’t have the fabric for that room yet.

P8120004P8120006

Random question – why do we consider the plants that grow well weeds? And the plants that we spend money on, that don’t grow so well … somehow those are special? This little vine is growing in a little pine tree and just looks so pretty, I think. The bumblebee doesn’t mind that it is a weed, either.

2 comments:

  1. Very creative!!! Glad you explained the movie because I had no idea. I have so enjoyed walking through all the steps of the creation of your beautiful home Shirley. Our God is faithful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way! That's awesome, Savannah! I haven't seen that movie - take it that it's a good one. Actually, we haven't watched a DVD since M has been born. LOL...

    Nice fabric and valance, Shirl...and yes, I agree with you on the weed vs. plant topic. Things that make you go hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are so much fun to read.