Thursday, March 17, 2011

Loving this spring weather!!

We are enjoying some incredible spring weather here in Alabama and it is a nice break from the rain. Baseball and soccer are in full swing, so we are hopping getting kids to their various practices and games. This past winter was very quiet - I didn't have any painting to do or other tasks to keep me busy, so I was really looking forward to spring sports starting to fill some of that down time. Boy, did that down time get filled! But I really do love it. Savannah has had 2 soccer games, and Hadden has his first game next Thursday.

----------------------
Neli was fixed last Monday - whew! She now is feeling better, however, and would really like to be outside enjoying the sunshine. Unfortunately, we have to try to keep her calm and quiet for about 4-6 more days.

----------------------
Savannah will be doing the standard testing next month, so we are doing practice tests right now. Any suggestions for spelling? She is a very avid reader, but can't spell for beans! I used to do spelling lists and tests, but have not been doing those for a while. Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

----------------------
Homeschooling is going pretty well. Having our week scheduled out in advance has been a major improvement for all of us. This week, we have taken a bit of a break because the public schools are on spring break. We decided to take a break from a big load and enjoy some of the nice weather, too. 43 days to go :)

----------------------
I started making my own granola and it is so yummy! I saw a couple of recipes for crackers, so I think I will try that next. I need to get some of the ingredients first.

----------------------
John went to PA with We Care for 5 whole nights! The kids and I stayed home because of sports, but then most of the events were rained out. 5 whole nights is a really long time!!!

----------------------
Planning on putting a garden in - John made me some raised boxes and now I just need to clean them out and put some dirt in. Later tonight (after it cools down some), I am hoping to get working on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are so much fun to read.