Monday, October 5, 2009

Oops!

I have been watching my prices pretty carefully at Wal*Mart since I have found a few things that ring up incorrectly at the register. I had planned on a post listing the items that I had found and the savings that I received ... and now, I just don't feel like that would be a good idea.

You see, for the last 3 weeks, I have been "correcting" the price on the milk that I buy. The shelf had $2.00 and it kept ringing up $2.88 - I told the attendant at the u-check line and they would correct it for me. Today, when I picked up my 2 gallons of milk, I had to lean way over to get the jugs from the back of the shelf. And, guess what I found? When I bent all the way over, I saw that the tag indeed said $2.88! OOPS! Since I am tall, from my angle, it seriously looked like $2.00.

After paying for my things, I went to the customer service desk to correct the problem and pay for my mistake. Funny thing, they don't really have anything in place to handle this situation, so they were very kind and thanked me for trying. Awww - grace. How sweet it is to receive. A good reminder to also give it.

-------------------------------
btw - my husband finds this very funny. He was wondering if I was telling "how I scammed Wal*Mart" :) I really didn't mean to - oh, I think I'm going to have to take my camera with me next time and show you. Hee!

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about them not being "able" to make the adjustment to charge the correct price. Several years ago Lo**we's charged us too little for an item. When we went back to pay the difference they didn't want it just said "never mind".

    Your story is funny and I can just imagine how you felt when you realized your error :o)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh....this hits me at my very core. This is funny. I can so relate to this. I think it's refreshing to see that there are still honest people in this world and you were blessed in the process. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done that before. I'll go to pay somethnig I mistakenly owe and they'll say "never mind, we have no idea how to reverse things!"

    Hope your kids were with you to see your testimony!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are so much fun to read.