Saturday, November 10, 2012

Another project - before and after

Continuing working on repurposing furniture  that didn’t sell on Craigs.list. Here is our old dresser with mirror. The mirror had to go, but with a little TLC, the dresser has been refinished.

Suite8DrawerDresser

Before: Orangish brown stain color, frilly hardware and the mirror. Oh boy!

Pb100003

After: Black with new hardware and without the mirror. We are planning on hanging a black framed mirror on the wall above the dresser, but here it is for now.

John says that the “vintage” hardware is available if anyone would like to buy it! Personally, I’m sticking with the plain, clean-line version.

Next up: 5-drawer chest of drawers.

I also want to fix up the little dresser that we had been using for our clothing. I took it from my parents when I went to college and have treasured it ever since. It has just the cutest lines and is very quaint with its beat up appearance. All of the connection points just need reinforced. Not quite sure where I will put it once it is finished.

1 comment:

  1. That looks so nice!!! This must have been the piece you were telling me about. I am thinking that the old hardware could look interesting if you painted it black if it was on a white dresser.

    Make sure you post your next project too. I love seeing this kind of stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are so much fun to read.